National Center on Health: Four Year Evaluation of Outcomes
- Producing and widely disseminating a monthly newsletter, Brush Up on Oral Health, and educational materials for Head Start staff, parents and health professionals
- Performing an environmental scan of oral health educational resources for Head Start home visitors and families
- Providing highly rated presentations and workshops for various audiences at national, regional, and state meetings
- Developing a successful network of volunteer dental hygienist liaisons in states to facilitate finding dental homes in local communities for Head Start participants, provide education and preventive services, and serve on Head Start health services advisory committees and other committees
- Establishing collaborative relationships with national, state, and local organizations and programs
- Providing oral health data on Head Start participants via new Head Start Oral Health Forms for use by oral health professionals and in statewide surveys of preschool populations to collect uniform information on oral health status and dental visits
- Developing descriptions of Head Start oral health activities for education, disease prevention, and treatment from a few states
- Analyzing Head Start Program Information Report oral health data in six pilot states to identify trends in low-performing programs and collaborating with regional and state experts to help programs improve their performance
Learning Areas:Communication and informatics
Conduct evaluation related to programs, research, and other areas of practice
Implementation of health education strategies, interventions and programs
Planning of health education strategies, interventions, and programs
Describe multiple ways that the National Center on Health has evaluated the activities and objectives of its Oral Health Project.
Keyword(s): Head Start
Qualified on the content I am responsible for because: I have been the ASTDD evaluator and manager of this NCH project for the past 4 years and also managed and provided content and evaluation expertise to previous Head Start projects through ASTDD.
Any relevant financial relationships? No
I agree to comply with the American Public Health Association Conflict of Interest and Commercial Support Guidelines, and to disclose to the participants any off-label or experimental uses of a commercial product or service discussed in my presentation.