Listed are suggested but not exhaustive topics of interest for 2020 presentation submissions:
• Presenters must be Individual members of APHA, and register for the meeting in order to present.
• Authors must provide complete and accurate contact information to be notified of abstract status.
• Accepted abstracts may not be presented at any other meeting or published in any journal prior to the APHA Annual Meeting.
• Abstracts should be no more than 250 words.
“Special Topic Session”designation is reserved for those individuals or organized groups who are submitting 3-4 contributed abstracts for an oral presentation session on a specific topic.
"Collaborative Sessions" are co-sponsored with other sections, special interest groups, or caucuses and are encouraged.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the program planners with any questions or for assistance with coordinating a Special Topics or Collaborative Session (Lyubov Slashcheva, email@example.com and Chelsea Fosse, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Technology-based/Technology-dependent Presentations: If your presentation is dependent on additional technology (i.e., internet, video projection) do not submit to a Section, SPIG, Caucus or Forum. Submit your presentation to the Health Informatics Information Technology Theater (HIIT) Center. The HIIT Center is an environment for live presentations of information and computer technology applications for public health. The meeting room is equipped with Internet access, and theater-quality video projection and stereo audio. For more information and detailed requirements click on the program below. (Please note there are a very limited number of openings environment).
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Dental Education (CDE) accreditation is pending. However, APHA requires that abstracts be submitted with the quality consistent with continuing education standards. Please complete all required information when submitting an abstract so members can claim credit for attending your session, whether it is provided by APHA, at large, or by a specific section. These credits are necessary for members to keep their licenses and credentials. For a session to be eligible for Continuing Education Credit, each presenter, panelist, discussant, and/or faculty must provide:
1) An abstract free of trade and/or commercial product names.
2) At least one MEASURABLE SINGLE objective (“to understand” or “to learn” are not measurable objectives and compound objectives are not acceptable). Use ONLY the following Measurable Action Verbs: Explain, Demonstrate, Analyze, Formulate, Discuss, Compare, Differentiate, Describe, Name, Assess, Evaluate, Identify, Design, Define or List.
3) A signed Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form with a relevant qualification statement;
Example of Acceptable Biographical Qualification Statement: (I have been the principal or co-principal of multiple federally funded grants focusing on the epidemiology of drug abuse, HIV prevention and co-occurring mental and drug use disorders. Among my scientific interests has been the development of strategies for preventing HIV and STDs in out-of-treatment drug users.)
Please note that stating “I am a Principal Investigator/Project Coordinator of this project.” is not sufficient since it only gives submitter's job title or position. Please add little more information about your experience and/or background.
4) All continuing education learning content must be of sound science or professional practice and serve to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills and professional competence of the health professional. Learning content should be evidence-based if available. A list of over 30 areas will be provided online for you to choose from. You will be asked to choose at least one or up to 6 areas that your presentation will address.
Thank you for your assistance in making your session credit worthy.
Lyubov Slashcheva, DDS, MS, FABSCD
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, College of Dentistry
University of Iowa College of Dentistry
1005 Wylde Green Rd
Iowa City, IA 52246
Chelsea Fosse, DMD MPH
Section of Population Oral Health
533 Monroe St Apt 1B
Hoboken, NJ 07030