The American Public Health Association is now accepting abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations for the APHA 2021 Annual Meeting and Expo. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on the meeting theme — "Creating the Healthiest Nation: Strengthening Social Connectedness" — and current and emerging public health issues.
With the uncertainty around COVID-19, APHA is hoping to have a hybrid meeting and is still determining what that might look like. As you submit your abstract, keep in mind that APHA 2021 may be a virtual event. Updates will be posted to our website.
Submission Deadline — Abstracts are due March 21.
Abstract Notification — Presenters will be notified via email of abstract status on July 1.
Rules and Regulations
- You do not have to be a member to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author MUST become an individual APHA member and MUST register for the Annual Meeting (the membership requirement does not apply to faculty of APHA Learning Institutes or speakers of invited sessions).
- APHA records all presentations for on-demand viewing. The recordings will also be available for sale after the meeting. There is no option to present and not be recorded. Please keep this in mind when determining if/what to present.
- Abstracts submitted and accepted for the APHA Annual Meeting may not be presented at any other meeting or published prior to October 23, 2021.
- Presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying the program planner of cancellation will not be permitted to present papers or posters at any APHA-sponsored meeting for two years following the "no-show."
- An author may not present more than three abstracts during an APHA Annual Meeting, and each abstract must be different. Violators will be removed from the program.
- It is the policy of the American Public Health Association to hold events (meetings, conferences and professional gatherings) where physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. Presentations must be accessible to all including closed captioning of videos.
- Presenters whose abstracts were accepted for presentation but subsequently withdrew their abstracts two or more times within the last five years may be excluded from the program.
Submit your Abstract
- From the list below, select the APHA program to submit your abstract. If your abstract is accepted, it will be scheduled under that program. You cannot submit the same abstract to more than one program. If you are unsure where your presentation would best fit,
view the list of topic areas suggested by each program.
- Once you select a program, a new window will open to begin the submission process. Read and follow the instructions provided by the specific program.
- If you have questions about the submission process, email the program planner. Contact information is listed below.
- You may review, modify or withdraw your abstract any time through March 21.
Tip: APHA suggests that abstracts be developed and finalized off-line in a program such as Microsoft Word for ease of editing and then copied into the online submission form.
Sunday, March 21
Genevieve Graaf, Genevieve.firstname.lastname@example.org, 2173904395
Robin Kimbrough-Melton, Robin.Kimbrough-Melton@cuanschutz.edu, 864-230-3122
Mary Jane Alexander, email@example.com, 845-398-6584
Alissa Phelps, firstname.lastname@example.org
Betsy Barron, email@example.com
Candice Biernesser, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chandrakala Ganesh, email@example.com, 5108852424
Genevieve Graaf, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaitlyn Frick, email@example.com
Hannah Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 9033884919
Kathryn Washington, email@example.com
Kobi Ajayi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaleea Lewis, Lewiskal@health.missouri.edu, 8034797400
Mae L'Heureux, email@example.com
M. J. Scales, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rashad Freeman, email@example.com
Alejandra Rivera, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherry (Ting-Jung) Sheu, email@example.com, 310-270-7330
Valerie Tsai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Micki Washburn, email@example.com, 832-498-1015
Emily McCague, firstname.lastname@example.org